Time to Serve
It's good business to care! Civic engagement comes in a variety of forms, and we applaud businesses that provide paid time off for their employees to do community service.
The Time to Serve Pledge is an opportunity to recognize organizations that offer employees at least 8 hours of paid time off per year to do community service.
To share that your organization recognizes the value of community service to support nonprofit groups, pledge to give Time to Serve, and provide paid time off for community service.
What you commit to doing:
- Provide up to 8 hours of paid time off per year to each employee to do community service to support a nonprofit or county organization of the employee's choice
- Encourage employees to use Volunteer Arlington as a resource for engaging with local county and nonprofit organizations
- Provide us with updates on how your employees use their "Time to Serve" including your involvement, successes, and challenges, and permission to use these updates in our communications
What we will do:
- List your organization’s name on our “Time to Serve” page as an organization that has taken the pledge, as well as recognize your organization at our annual celebration of volunteers, Arlington Cares
- Share stories of volunteerism
- Provide support for community engagement
- Host a virtual gathering for employers to discuss best practices for offering paid time off for community service
After you take the pledge, we will contact you before adding your organization’s logo to the committed organizations section of this page.
Organizations Committed to Community Service
The following organizations have taken the pledge to give their employees Time to Serve
Share this page with your organization and encourage them to take the pledge!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.