Caring at the Holidays
In spite of challenges with the ongoing pandemic, there are numerous ways to support our nonprofit and Arlington County partners during the Holiday season.
1. Make a direct donation to a safety net nonprofit in honor of a loved one. Also see specific "Caring at the Holiday" needs for partner organizations.
2. Sign up for a "DIY" ("Do It Yourself") Volunteer Project from the comfort of your own home!
3. Support the "Secret Santa Program" at Arlington County's Department of Human Services (DHS), your donation* will allow DHS to distribute gift cards to families so that they can buy gifts for their own children for the holidays.
*All donations, minus the administration fee, will support this program.
4. Get Involved with Arlington's Gifts That Give Hope Fair
- Make a donation to one of the nonprofits partnering with the Fair, personalize a Gifts That Give Hope greeting card for a loved one, and give an act of kindness as a gift!
- Or, volunteer your time behind the scenes of the Fair to ensure it goes off without a hitch! Explore volunteer opportunities.
5. Register for the Volunteer Arlington MLK Day of Service on Monday, January 17, 2022. Details and registration will go live in mid-November 2021.