A Celebration of Volunteerism
Save the Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2022, 5 - 6:00 p.m.
Our annual celebration of community service is scheduled for July 12, 2022. The celebration will be virtual again this year.
Questions about the event or nominations? Please contact email@example.com.
Make a Nomination
We are currently accepting nominations! Read all about the awards, then submit a nomination.
The Community Awards include the following categories:
- Lifetime of Service (This award recognizes and celebrates an individual for whom volunteerism and service to others is a part of the fabric of their being.)
- Distinguished County Service (Given to an individual or group who, through volunteerism, have shown outstanding commitment and care to the citizens of Arlington.)
- Distinguished Corporate Service (Given to a private, Arlington business or corporation, or an employee volunteer group thereof, that through volunteerism, has shown outstanding commitment and care to the citizens of Arlington.)
- Racial Equity Civic Engagement (Given to an individual or group who has shown a substantive commitment to racial equity. The award recognizes those who build on representation, and fully integrate diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging throughout their work.
- RSVP (Representing the efforts of the RSVP Northern Virginia program, which works with volunteers ages 55 and older, this individual is 55 or over and has used their skills and interests to make a valuable, lasting impact in our community.)
- Family or Group Volunteer Service (Given to a family or group who has made caring and volunteerism core values and whose work has included all ages in making a difference in Arlington.)
- Youth Volunteer Service (Given to a youth who has chosen to go above and beyond service hour requirements.)
The Volunteer Arlington Partner Award recognizes an exceptional Volunteer Coordinator, paid or unpaid, who has exceeded the organizations' requirements for volunteer and civic engagement.
Nominations are due by May 2, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
2022 Nomination and Award Timeline
May 2, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.: Nomination deadline. Nominations sent to Volunteer Arlington Advisory Council for evaluation.
Mid-May, 2022: Nominators with award winners contacted by phone. Emails sent to other nominators.
June 13, 2022: Deadline for nonprofit and County partners to submit names of those volunteers who have served 100 hours during the course of one (1) year. Submission form is available for download here.
July 12, 2022, 5 - 6:00 p.m.: Awards presented at the virtual "Arlington Cares: A Celebration of Volunteerism."
2021 Arlington Cares Celebration
This free, virtual event recognized Community Service Award Winners and reminded us of the importance of serving others, especially in the midst of a pandemic. Thank you to those who joined us for a heartwarming opportunity for all ages to celebrate the overwhelming goodness that is within our community.
2021 Volunteer Award Winners
- Volunteer Arlington Award: Arlington CERT, Kate Nadeau (Arlington Free Clinic), MRC Volunteers
- Youth Service Award: Ameerah Chaudry
- Group Service Award: Arlington Mill Food Distribution (Anabel Cruz Zelaya, Mohamed Qazi, Trang A. Phan)
- RSVP Award: Bill Marshall
- Distinguished Corporate Service Award: Accenture
- Distinguished County Service Awards: Bernard Piper, Kelly A. Thompson
- Life-time of Service Award: Mark Riley