Skills Based Campaigns
Are you skilled at web design or developing social media campaigns?
Are you looking to use these skills or passions to help others or possibly advance your career?
We have some volunteer opportunities that might be of interest to you!
Organization: Clarendon Alliance Membership Renewal Theme Hybrid
- Website Volunteer - We are looking for a trained volunteer who can "look under the hood" and advise us on potential improvements to our theme, both for the main site, and the additional sites; to set up and instruct us on how to measure and evaluate our reach, and to advise us on how to use our Hootsuite account to increase engagement.
- Website and Social Media Volunteer - We are looking for a volunteer familiar with WordPress and Hootsuite to advise us on how to update our web presence. We are open to theme changes in our website; we need to add and set SEO benchmarks; we need to learn how to set up and operate Hootsuite so we are more effective in social media.
Organization: Field to Table, Inc.
- Social Media Coordinator - We are in need of several volunteers interested in farmes markets and willing to provide information and social media "buzz" about our markets via such platforms as Facebook, Twitter, and NextDoor. Those supporting us can alert the public to developments in one or more of the markets.
- Web Designer - We are in need of a web designer to help us design of a website for a new 2018 local farmers market in Arlington and rework an exsisting Field to Tabl market webiste in Arlington that is showing its age.
Organization: Friendship Place
- Social Media Marketing Volunteer - Friendship Place is looking for a Social Media Marketing volunteer to join our team and share in our rapid growth. Friendship Place is a leader in Washington, DC, in developing solutions to homelessness that have demonstrable results and a lasting impact. Our innovative, customized, person-focused programs empower participants to rebuild their lives, find homes, get jobs and reconnect with friends, family and the community, permanently.
- Graphic Design Volunteer - We need volunteers to assist with developing graphics to promote or otherwise support Friendship Place events, i.e, creating invitations, flyers, postcards, social media posts, programs and images for MailChimp e-mails and Evenbrite posts.
Organization: Just Neighbors
- Social Media and Marketing Volunteer - We need volunteers with skills in social media marketing, brand awareness, message development and social media placement. Volunteers are welcomed for a single initiative or an ongoing commitment. This volunteer commitment does not require onsite presence.
- Website update using Wordpress - The Just Neighbor’s website is in Wordpress; so volunteers would need to be proficient in this software. Content would be provided. Volunteers are welcomed for a single initiative or an ongoing commitment. This volunteer commitment does not require onsite presence.
- Volunteer Videographer - Just Neighbors is looking for a videographer volunteer who can memorialize the stories of our willing clients for use in social media, awareness campaigns and lobbying. Working with the marketing committee, the videographer will assist with the development of the creative brief, interact and film the client and prepare the video for social networking sites.
- Marketing Volunteer - Just Neighbors is looking to build its volunteer marketing capacity. Volunteerswith skills in social media marketing, brand awareness, message development and social media placement are needed. Marketing volunteers are welcomed for single initiatives or an ongoing commitment. This volunteer commitment does not require onsite presence.
Organization: LA Cocina VA
Volunteer Opportunity: Graphic Design Volunteer - We are specifically looking for assistance with graphic design - layout, creating infographics, printing recommendations, etc.