Caring at the Holidays
In spite of a global pandemic, there are numerous ways to support our nonprofit and Arlington County partners during the Holiday season.
1. Make a direct donation to a safety net non-profit in honor of a loved one.
See a list of those opportunities on our COVID-Care for Community page.
2. Sign up for a "DIY" ("Do It Yourself") Volunteer Project from the comfort of your own home! See a list of DIY Volunteer Projects here.
3. Mark your calendar and register today for the MLK Day of Service on Monday, January 18, 2021. Beginning in early November, MLK Day Civic Engagement Opportunities can be found here.
4. Working with the "Secret Santa Program" at Arlington County's Department of Human Services, your donation will allow DHS to distribute gift cards to families so that they can buy their own children gifts for the holidays.
Donate to the DHS Secret Santa Program Here! *All donations, minus the administration fee, will support this program.
5. Get Involved with Arlington's 10th annual Gifts That Give Hope Fair: Make a donation to one of the nonprofits partnering with the Fair, personalize a Gifts That Give Hope greeting card for a loved one, and give an act of kindness as a gift! Check out the Fair's website for more information.
Or, volunteer your time behind the scenes of the Fair to ensure it goes off without a hitch! Opportunities are listed here.