A Celebration of Volunteerism
SAVE THE DATE: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 5:30pm - 7:30pm
National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, 4301 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22203
This free event will recognize the 2020 award winners as well as community volunteers who have served 100 hours or more within the past year. Additionally, local nonprofit and county partners will be present to discuss their mission and volunteer opportunities.
Friday, May 1, 2020: Nomination Deadline. Please submit nominations to Lisa Fikes, Execuitve Director of Volunteer Arlington, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “Volunteer Arlington Community Service Award Nomination."
Monday, May 4, 2020: Nomination forms are sent to Volunteer Arlington Advisory Council for evaluation.
Tuesday, May 19, 2020: Nominators with award winners are contacted by phone.
Thursday, May 21, 2020: Emails sent to other nominators.
Wednesday, July 1, 2020: Deadline for nonprofit and County Partners to submit names of those volunteers who have served 100 hours during the course of one year. Submission form available for download here.
July 21, 2020, 5:30pm - 7:30pm: Awards given at "Arlington Cares: A Celebration of Volunteerism"
Congratulations to our 2019 Volunteer Award Winners!
- Volunteer Arlington Award: Laura Jackson
- Youth Service Award: Galilee Ambellu
- Family Service Award: Fagerstrom Family
- RSVP Award: Mark Turco
- Distinguished Corporate Service Award: Eagle Hill Consulting
- Distinguished County Service Awards: Kathryn Martin and Kimberly Roberts
- Lifetime of Service Award: Betty Ahern
2018 Volunteer Award Winners:
- Volunteer Arlington Award: Siobhan Grayson
- Youth Service Award: Mia Lee
- Family Service Award: Gene and Jeanie Cross
- RSVP Award: Janet Garber
- Distinguished Corporate Service Award: Deloitte
- Distinguished County Service Awards: Kate Athing and the Marymount Women's Lacross Team; Sly Young
- Lifetime of Service Award: Lois Sewell
Click here to view previous 100 Hours of Volunteer Service Award Winners.
Check out photos from this event on our Facebook page.