RSVP is America’s largest volunteer network for people age 55 and older. In Northern Virginia, RSVP volunteers are responding to community needs in and around Arlington County, Fairfax County, and the City of Alexandria. Individuals choose how, where, and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours to 40 hours per week. RSVP is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). RSVP-Northern Virginia is sponsored by Volunteer Fairfax in partnership with Volunteer Arlington and Volunteer Alexandria.
Lead with a Lifetime of Experience.
RSVP volunteers bring 55+ years of skills and experience, and many of them want to explore new talents! RSVP offers a wide range of opportunities, including:
- Mentoring children in classrooms
- Supporting veterans and military families
- Tax counseling for low-income families
- Working in local and national parks
Enrich Your Life and the Lives of Others
Studies show that volunteering helps us to live longer, more meaningful lives. In addition to meeting friends who share the same passion for service, benefits to RSVP members include:
- Free accident and liability insurance while serving
- Optional transportation reimbursement
- Social and recognition events
- Ongoing educational opportunities
Interested in learning more: